June 18, 2007

Yes, Virginia. They know about the lag.

A little announcement about the lag:

GM FujiQ posted in About Lag:
Hey Everyone!

We've been listening to your forum posts and know that the lag has reached epically unbearable dimensions recently. First let me say thanks for being so patient!

We have identified the problem and are working to correct it. We hope to have the fix for the lag in when the update comes. In the mean time, we'll be doing a manual server reset every Monday morning at around 9am CST.

If the lag starts to become a serious problem, please let us know by sending an email to support@ashenempires.com.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

FujiQ
Marketing Manager

Now, I'm not going to pretend I'm not a little pessimistic. But if only because we'll see an improvement but not the improvement people thought it would be. Thing is, every update has addressed the lag in some aspect. But the lag hasn't disappeared completely. And while the DEVs are making progress, I don't think we'll see "due praise" until there's absolutely no lag at all.

Personally, I'll take what I can get. Happy to see they've identified another cause and are going to nail it. ;)

No comments: