June 07, 2007

Anyone else find this disturbing?

As I thought, it didn't take long for some people to take the news delay in a not so good way. That happens in these games, so I'm sure the DEVs are used to it by now. But I kept reading on in that player's response post (mostly because the OneEye was actively responding to the community--something that most MMOs don't do anymore) and came across this nugget:

OneEye posted in The postponed update:
we have hired a full time marketing person and she will be doing all the announcments about future updates. You will never hear another word from me about them.

Of course, he's talking about FujiQ. And honestly, I'm not too worried about having another person dedicated to being the liaison between busy DEVs and uppity community. If anything, I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be another Obi Wan.

But it may just be that I'm worried about change. I don't want to see less of the DEVs interacting with us. To be honest, it's refreshing to see a DEV respond to criticism both well and well-deserved. I'm not saying OneEye should take on a Derek Smart persona. But it's nice to see a DEV not take it on the chin when the argument's really stupid.

No comments: